This is what my brain looks like.
I’ve been having one of those useless self-doubt moments where I don’t even know what’s bugging me. I kinda figured it out after I did the most sensible and adult thing; I took a nap. After getting four hours, I realized I have no idea what the hell I write. That’s the problem with writing a wide scale of genres and tones. At the end of the day, I have no idea what the hell they all have in common or how to put everything into a coherent career plan. If all my stories were humorous and dripping with romance from page one, I could work with that. But…*looks at wip list of sweet romance, serial killers, portal fantasy, spies, and witches*.
C’mon, Brain, throw me a frickin bone! We’re friends, we’re pals. I’m supposed to know what you know and-argh!
Alrighty, I got that out of my system. That said, I saw a few hints this morning about ‘what’ I write when I did my ‘obsessive scouring of writing sites to find out what’s wrong with me’ routine.
- I write openings that throw you into the story from the first line. Those opening descriptive paragraphs that most people write are torture to me.
- Most of my characters are horny dudes and dudettes.
- I write a lot of characters with questionable morals/ethics compared to their peers.
- I think most of my main characters can be put in the Good Guy Camp. I think.
- Most of my stories have happy endings.
- Out of my crap ton of wips, there are only two stories I’d let children or my family read.
That’s all I got for now, and I have to force my OCD self to accept it. For now. There will be more obsessing in my future.